Minutes of an informal Planning Review held via telephone conference on Wednesday 01 April 2020 at 10:00am
Please note: a formal face-to-face Planning Committee Meeting could not be conducted due to the coronavirus pandemic
PRESENT: Cllrs K Allin, M Brown (Chair), D Davey (Vice-Chair), S Ford, and D Smith
Also Present: Karen Chapman (Town Clerk) and Charlotte Kirby (Assistant Town Clerk)
Cllr S Mills
2. PUBLIC CONTRIBUTIONS:
3. CORRESPONDENCE AND MATTERS BROUGHT FORWARD BY THE CHAIRMAN AS A MATTER OF URGENCY:
4. DECLARATION OF INTEREST:
Cllr Brown declared a dual hatted interest as a Member of Torridge District Council Plans Committee.
5. THE AGENDA WAS AGREED BETWEEN PART “A” AND PART “B” (Confidential and Restricted Information)
No Part B.
6. CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED:
- 1/0159/2020/FUL – Extension to dwelling and replacement of garage: 167 New Street, Torrington, Devon EX38 8BX
The Chair asked Members individually if they had any comments on the above application. Cllrs Allin, Ford and Brown had no comments. Cllr Davey queried the process of lifting the roof for the purposes of this extension in terms of whether there are any proposed changes to the height of the roof. Cllr Smith asked for clarification as to whether the observations noted by the architect in relation to the wildlife trigger list meet the necessary criteria for an ecological survey.
Cllr Smith proposed no objections to the above application.
Cllr Ford seconded the proposal.
A vote was taken: 4 in favour; 1 abstention.
Decision: no objections pending matters in relation to roof height and wildlife being considered further.
7. RESPONSES FROM TORRIDGE DISTRICT COUNCIL:
- 1/0833/2019/FUL – Installation of 1 new timber window to front elevation: 24 Cornmarket Street, Torrington, Devon, EX38 8EY: Permission granted- NOTED
- 1/0834/2019/LBC – Installation of 1 new timber window to front elevation: 24 Cornmarket Street, Torrington, Devon, EX38 8EY: Permission granted – NOTED
PART B: Confidential and restricted information:
8. DATE OF NEXT MEETING:
Next Planning Committee meeting: 22 April 2020 at 10am.
Meeting closed at 10:07am.