Torridge District Council works as part of the Safer North Devon community safety partnership to improve the quality of life for residents in Torridge, by reducing crime and disorder and improving community safety and security.
What is Community Safety?
Everyone would like to live in a safe community where there is no fear of becoming a victim of crime and where they feel safe in their homes and going about their daily lives. Community Safety concerns us all, and by working together we stand the best chance of making Torridge a safer place to live, work and play in.
Torridge District Council works as part of the Safer Devon community safety partnership to improve the quality of life for residents in Torridge, by reducing crime and disorder and improving community safety and security.
We work closely with the Police, Elected Members and other community and voluntary organisations about issues that concern residents.
Torridge District Council contributes to the delivery of a wide range of initiatives, including:
- Anti-social Behaviour Orders, which tackles the worst cases of anti-social behaviour in the District
- Prolific Offenders Scheme, working with offenders to change their behaviour
- Bideford Radio Link and other similar schemes – working with businesses in the town centres to reduce crime.
These are just some of the projects which together aim to have a real impact on residents and making people fell safer. Our approach is to:
- Improve security to reduce the opportunity for crime
- Work with offenders, and potential offenders to change behaviour
- Raise public awareness of both the true incidence of crime, and our work to reduce the fear of crime.
“The Police and District Councils, with other partners, work together as “Safer Devon Partnership”, your local Community Safety Partnership, responding to local issues around Crime, reducing Anti-Social Behaviour and building confidence in our communities.
To find out about their latest work visit https://www.devon.gov.uk/communities/safer-devon-partnership”