The Government has provided funding to help support Torridge based businesses who have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent restrictions. It is also available to community groups and community halls.
The current application period is for claims for 05/01/2021 to 15/02/2021. Applications may be made from now until 4pm on 16/02/2021.
This grant is for:
• Business rate payers who are still able to trade and who have lost business because of the restrictions.
• Non business rate payers who have either been told to close or who have lost business because of the restrictions.
Recognising how confusing the grants process can be the Council has tried to make applying as simple as possible in the hope that people will not be put off claiming. Although the current round of funding covers the period above people can apply each time there is a review of the local restrictions. So, the ongoing message is to always check the Coronavirus help pages on the Council website for the most up to date information: https://www.torridge.gov.uk/article/18632/Business-Support-Grants
How much could you get?
For this period of national lockdown:
• Business Rate Payers – -£750, £1350 or £2001 dependent upon your turnover + a one-off payment of £4,000 – £9,000 dependent on your rateable value
• Non-Business Rate Payers -£750, £1350 or £2001 dependent upon your turnover
• If you are in a sector that would have been eligible for a grant during the Tier 3 period 31/12/2020 – 04/01/2020 a pro rata payment of £238 will be added to your award.
Councillor Ken James- Leader of Torridge District Council Said:
“There have been a lot of government support grants recently, and to their credit our teams have worked hard to make these available as quickly as possible so that these vital payments make their way to those affected. This latest round of “Additional Restrictions Grant” applies to a much broader range of businesses, community groups and even village halls so its important that people make sure they apply and take advantage of this support. We will do our part to ensure speedy processing and transfer of any money allocated.”
Apply at https://www.torridge.gov.uk/additionalrestrictionsgrant – closing date for applications is 4pm on 16th February.