Accessibility statement for great-torringtontowncouncil.gov.uk
This website is run by Great Torrington Town Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website.
For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- get from the start of the service to the end using a keyboard
- get from the start of the service to the end using speech recognition software
- listen to the service using most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NDUA and Voiceover)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
This site is fully responsive and will automatically adjust to suit all devices including large screen/desktop, tablet and small screen/mobile.
The site will work as a text only site with no graphics, photos or text formatting. This can be performed by 3rd party tools such as https://www.textise.net or Text Mode extension for Chrome.
Text font, size and background contrast may be adjusted by means of user browser controls
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
Phone: 01805 626135
We’ll consider your request and get back to you as soon as possible.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, call or email us for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact us:
Phone: 01805 626135
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Great Torrington Town Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to:
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
- Some PDF documents, especially those containing graphics and images, may not be fully accessible to screen readers
- Some of our PDFs documents are essential to providing our services. For example, we have PDFs with information on how users can access our services.
- The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23rd September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
- Any new PDFs we publish will meet accessibility standards, except where these are supplied by other organisations over which we have no control.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 25th September 2020.
This website was last tested on 2nd September 2020. The test was carried out by 146webdesign.co.uk