The Chancellor has announced that the government’s Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme will remain open until the end of October.
Full details of the announcement can be found here: https://bit.ly/CJRSExtension.
Key details to note:…
• Furloughed workers across the UK will continue to receive 80% of their current salary, up to £2,500.
• From August, furloughed workers will be able to return to work part-time with employers being asked to pay a percentage towards the salaries of their furloughed staff.
• The employer payments will substitute the contribution HMG is currently making, ensuring that staff continue to receive 80% of their salary, up to £2,500 a month.
Further details on implementation will be made available by the end of the month.
Further guidance has also been published:
• Safe workplace guidance: https://bit.ly/CV19WorkingSafely
• Phased opening of schools, colleges and nurseries: https://bit.ly/SchoolsReopening
• Travelling safely: https://bit.ly/CV19SafeTravel
• How to carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment: https://bit.ly/CV19RiskAssessments
• Cleaning your workplace safely: https://bit.ly/CleaningWorkplaces